Saturday, May 18, 2013

Cherry Pineapple Nut Cake

This was clearly a well used recipe, I remember having it a few times when I was very young.  Looks very simple to make as well.


1 20 ounce can crushed pineapple in heavy syrup
21 ounce cherry pie filling
1 box yellow cake mix
1 cup pecans, chopped
1 stick margarine (a.k.a. oleo) sliced thinly.

Grease a 13" x 9" pan.
Spread pineapple and syrup on bottom.
Spoon cherry pie filling over pineapple
Sprinkle cake mix and pecans over pie filling.
Place slices of margarine on top.
Bake at 350° until golden.

Update:   made this over the weekend and the cake mix never did really absorb the liquid from the pineapple and cherry filling until I mixed them all together.  It did taste great, but if I do this again I think I'll either make the cake mix as per the directions on the box and pour over the other ingredients or mix the pineapple/syrup with the cake mix.


No comments:

Post a Comment